Ph.D. position in cancer biology - Experimentellen Leukämie- und Lymphomforschung
2x PhD Position Hiring Now!
You are a talented researcher with a passion for cancer research and the development of novel therapies and looking for a PhD position? You want your research to make a clinically relevant difference? You wish to pursue a career in a highly dynamic research field?
If so, we are seeking two highly motivated and skilled PhD candidates to join our team at AG Weigert /Experimental Leukemia and Lymphoma Research to focus on regulatory networks of proteases in cancer (mainly hematologic malignancies).
This is us:
We are a highly motivated interdisciplinary group (10 people) with low hierarchies and an open door policy (come in and ask rather than giving up). You will directly work together with three post docs that have extensive experience with the methods used and the proposed project.
We offer a competitive TVL 13 salary 65 position funded by the DFG), as well as access to state of the art research facilities and equipment. This is a full time position, with a duration of 3 years. After reviewing your application we will invite you for an in person interview and show you around the lab/facility.
This is what we offer:
- Conducting wet lab experiments, including cell culture, biochemical assays, and possibly animal experiments
- Designing and executing experiments to evaluate the efficacy of new therapies
- Collecting analyzing, and interpreting experimental data
- Presenting research findings at scientific meetings and publishing in peer reviewed journals
- Collaborating with other members of the research field to develop new ideas and approaches
This is what we expect:
- A Master's degree in a relevant field (e g in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Immunology, Pharmacology or related fields)
- Passion for laboratory work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
How to proceed:
Please send your informal application in a single PDF file 2 MB to Johannes.Hildebrand@med.uni-muenchen.de limited to
- Short statement of motivation two to three sentences only!)
- One short statement of what makes you special/unique (not necessarily work related)
Please check our webpage for further information: