Master Thesis at Helmholtz
We are looking for motivated students to join our group for a master thesis. We are Helmholtz Munich. In a rapidly changing world, we discover breakthrough solutions for better health.
The Institute for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (iTERM) develops and implements tools to analyze biological samples' 3D structure and molecular identity. At iTERM, we bring together cutting-edge science from biology, chemistry, engineering, and computer applications. Our overarching aim is to obtain a holistic view of interconnected biological systems in health and disease. We develop clearing technologies for cellular-level imaging and deep learning algorithms (AI) to analyze large imaging and molecular data in a robust and unbiased way. Worldwide media, including New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Süddeutsche Zeitung, have highlighted our research. You can find out more about us at www.erturk-lab.com.
iTERM is growing rapidly, and to further strengthen the setup of our young institute, we are looking for highly motivated individuals. We care about diversity and welcome applications from any background.
- optimizing our mouse whole-body antibody labeling technology for nuclear markers such as stem cell markers
- utilizing it to gain insight into the effects of aging and diseases in tissue regeneration
- In the course of your thesis, you will build solid skills in whole-body immunolabelling, 3D imaging, and manual labeling with VR technology for whole-body signal analysis and quantification
- Master student in Biology / Biochemistry / Biomedical science or similar
- Basic knowledge and experience with tissue handling and immunostaining are required
- A structured and independent working style and the ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of stem cells and aging is a plus
Interested in applying?
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Stefanie Reitinger, email@example.com, who will be happy to help.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!